Friday, January 04, 2013

Knock Knock, Who's There?

I only have a few minutes today, so I'm gonna tell about a job I only did for one day: Door to door canvassing for an environmental organization.

You may ask yourself, what was she thinking? Well, it was a bad time of year for getting work in Atlanta (seemed like January and August were both always rough; this was August), I was flat broke at the end of a summer of working off and on waiting tables while working off and on as an unpaid youth programs director at a camp I used to frequent, and I thought maybe a break from waiting tables would be nice, refreshing, more meaningful or something...

Well. A change from waitressing might have been nice, but canvassing was for sure not it. Walking around in the heat! Hassling people in their homes! Offering them nothing but guilt, and the possible alleviation thereof! Awful, just awful. Never again.

No comments: