Wednesday, October 13, 2004

yesterday

Nash, while eating his breakfast, has lined up my five how to get stupid white men out of office bookmarks in a row and is reading/singing them over and over again, line by line, as in

HOW to get HOW to get HOW to get HOW to get HOW to get
stupid white MEN! stupid white MEN! stupid white MEN! stupid white MEN! stupid white MEN!
out of offfffffice, out of offffice, out of offfffice, out of offfffice, out of offfffffice...

it's pretty amazing.

I have to go to the bank, the grocery store, and to work. to My Office. week before last I spent an entire day reconfiguring my office and it's lovely. I got my new computer in there and arranged things in such a way that there is a lot of open space for coming in and browsing the bookshelves, space for sitting and working at a table and desk, and then, back in the corner, a cozy little cubbyhole for me to sit and use the computer, surrounded by plants. it's very me. it just needs a paint job. well, and a new floor. but I can't keep waiting around for these things.

No comments: