Sunday, December 26, 2004

hell done froze over!
wow. I mean, you know? the snow? in new orleans? absolutely amazing. the snow in mississippi was amazing enough but here, in this city, it's so rare as to be somewhat miraculous and I'm very, very happy that I got to be part of it.
when I called a friend on the drive home from mississippi on the 24th, to report the snow, she was all, well, here in FLA it's 82 and lovely...
but I don't like 82. I don't want 82. 82 is not my lovely. snow! in new orleans! gorgeous. I wouldn't miss it for the world.
anyway. things are all okay. yesterday was a somewhat perfect day. ate chocolate, watched the sleet, saw meet the fockers (dustin! barbra! ha ha ha!), watched the sleety-snow, ate chinese food, watched and frolicked in the really, truly, fat snow, photographed the kids and their snowman, drank rum, read, slept...
the previous evening was okay, too. my mother dug out and gave to my kids two of the little vests knitted for my brother by my grandma, and although I didn't get any pictures I at least got to enjoy seeing them in them, all fancy for christmas eve and it was sweet.
now it's catch up week. not now, but tomorrow. bills to pay, calendars to mail, packages to assemble.
happy birthday to henry miller.

No comments: