Saturday, January 25, 2003

the friday five

1. What is one thing you don't like about your body?
I don't want to answer this because I can't think of a way to say something negative about my own body that wouldn't translate to a put down of millions of other women's bodies, thus feeding the massive negativity machine that already has the fuel of the entire american entertainment industry behind it.
I'll tell you what I don't like about the way I relate to my body: I don't treat it right. I don't love it enough. I don't feed it as well as I should. I don't stretch it and let it run and jump and dance as often as it needs. I refer to it as if it were a separate entity form myself. I need to work on this.
2. What are two things you love about your body?
my body is strong, I grew two whole people in it! my body is curvy and cute and loves to snuggle.
3. What are three things you want to change about your home?
I wish I had curtains instead of the blinds that are all over my room - my room has six large windows. I don't know that I'll change it, though, as we're renting and I don't have any money for curtains.
it'd also be nice if there were a way for the downstairs to be warm and cozy in winter.
the third thing I want to change is simply that I want to own my own home.
4. What are four books you want to read this year?
the new harry potter, some more jack kerouac, ariel gore's latest, the big rumpus (still haven't read it).
5. What are five promises you have kept to yourself?
eh? I don't know if I've ever made five promises to myself except in the very short term. like, today I will make some chai at home and find a cup to put it in rather than dropping $3 for second rate chai at the local coffeeshop, stuff like that. I usually keep those promises, but only if I can, you know, locate the lid that fits the cup for my tea so it won't slosh everywhere, and etc....

No comments: