Tuesday, February 25, 2003

a music quiz from traci jean

1. what are your top 5 albums of all time?
01. Elvis Costello "My Aim Is True"
02. Robyn Hitchcock "Queen Elvis"
03. REM "Murmur"
04. The Beatles (aka the white album)
05. The Pixies "Surfer Rosa"

2. what's the first album that you remember listening to or being aware of and how old were you?
Simon & Garfunkel, I don't know for sure what album. my parents had them all and I was allowed to put the records on by myself. this is when I was 3. my favorite song was Cecelia. I still love that song.

3. what were you listening to the year that you were 13?
Cream, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Styx, Journey (!), David Bowie...

4. would you say a record ever changed you deeply?
EC's first album, My Aim is True. it shifted my perceptions and got me out of classic/arena rock and into new wave & punk rock.

5. what is in your cd player right now?
Aimee Mann - I'm With Stupid. it's addictive.

No comments: